MBA, CGC, LEED AP, PMP
Dave Rosenof, MBA, CGC, LEED AP, PMP is the Alpha Male at Big Dog Construction Services.
Dave’s career in construction spans four decades, beginning with his first job as a union carpenter. Throughout his career, Dave has worked on many projects.
“Whether working on a major commercial construction project or a residential remodel, I draw upon my extensive experience and education to ensure the success of every project.”
Dave offers a rare-to-find combination of education, experience and credentials, melded with the focus that he has achieved through earning a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- M.B.A. in Organizational Leadership, Nova Southeastern University
- B.S. in Construction Management, University of Cincinnati
- A.S. in Civil and Construction Engineering Technologies, University of Cincinnati
- Florida Certified General Contractor (CGC #1520372)
- Graduate of the Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional
- Certified PMP (Project Management Professional) from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
Dave has been an active member of the community at organizational, city and county levels:
- Broward County Planning Council
- Leadership Award, Greater Ft. Lauderdale Alliance Entrepreneurship Council
- 2015-2016 Sun Sentinel 100 Most Influential Leaders in South Florida
- Elected three times as Parkland City Commissioner, serving 2008-2016
- Broward League of Cities President 2015-2016
- Broward County Affordable Housing Task Force
- Greater Ft. Lauderdale Alliance Permit Action Team, Founding Member
- School Board of Broward County-Facilities Task Force
- School Board of Broward County-Energy & Environmental Design Task Force
- Broward County Board of Engineering Construction Trade Contractors
- Steven Zafir Leadership Award winner, Congregation Kol Tikvah
…And his “tool” of choice on the weekends is a 2006 60th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster which he also plays in the band for Kol Tikvah’s monthly Rock Shabbat service.
“Dave has a keen understanding of the operational aspects of construction and uses that knowledge to continually improve and streamline procedures. In addition to his operational experience, David brings a high degree of integrity, analytical ability, and complex problem-solving skills.”
“David Rosenof’s support of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance and our Permitting Action Team has been tremendous. David has served since 2016 on the Permitting Action Team and on the Chair’s Advisory Committee. His contribution has been invaluable. His focus was on the permitting process during his term as President of the Broward League of Cities, while he was also serving as Vice Mayor of the City of Parkland. His goal was to look at best practices within the County that could become unified in operations, as well as standards that all municipalities could adopt. David, to this day, is still focused on that mission and direction.
His experience as a former elected official and his work as a General Contractor blend the perspectives of the private and public sector, as well as the municipalities. This comprehensive view and his ownership of a private construction company drive him to continually strive to make permitting business-friendly in Broward County.
Big Dog Construction Services became an active member of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance and has been deeply involved in the economic development and jobs growth mission of the Alliance. Over the years, Alliance Staff members have called upon David for assistance. He has always said “yes” to the task.
I respect David as a businessman but, more importantly, consider David a personal friend. I enjoy working at David’s side as we continue our focus of economic development for Broward County.”
“Not only is Dave a highly trained professional, but his leadership skills make him one of the best executives in the construction business.”
“I have found Dave to be a man of integrity, honesty, and competence.”
Jeffrey J. Smith
“His knowledge, acumen, and experience in this profession created an environment of success, cost effectiveness, and compliance with code as well as a schedule for construction. A consummate professional.”
Prior to establishing Big Dog Construction Services, Dave was involved in over $1 billion of construction including one of the largest homes in the U.S., as well as the BB&T Arena (home of the Florida Panthers), and TAO condos in Sunrise.
Projects have included more than a dozen market sectors: public assembly, government, education and higher education, warehouse, manufacturing, multi-family (mid- and high-rise condos), high-end residential, office, retail, hospitality, religious, medical, recreation and transportation.
Contracts have spanned the gamut of delivery methods: CM at risk, cost plus, design build, master agreement, performance contracting, preconstruction agreement, as well as stipulated sum.
Roles have included Assistant Superintendent, Superintendent, Project Manager, Construction Manager, Owner’s Representative and Vice President of Operations.
Although this work was completed prior to the founding of Big Dog and while working for others, it demonstrates Dave’s extensive construction experience.